Enhancements to Direct Bulk Payment Requests (BPRs)
The major focus of SupportAbility's current development roadmap is developing enhancements to Bulk Payment Requests (BPRs) for Direct Services.
Our conversations with providers over the last twelve months have highlighted the difficulties being experienced when claims are rejected by the portal.
The goal of this development project is to deliver the ability for providers to:
- automatically identify the Claim Status of each Allocation i.e. Accepted (successful) or Rejected (error) by providing the facility to import the results file provided by the myplace provider portal following submission of a Bulk Payment Request (BPR)
- choose a corrective course of action for any rejected claim items e.g. Retry, Amend, or Cancel
- only include Accepted Allocations in Invoice Batches to ensure that accounts receivable aligns perfectly with the expected payment amount
These changes are being made to improve the quality & accuracy of the data included in and produced by SupportAbility. This project will ensure that Client Funding Statements & Utilisation data for Agency Managed Supports reflect the correct amounts.
Audience: Authorised Representatives, Executive Management and Finance Team
The following list summarises the content within this article. Click on the links below to take you to the relevant sections:
- Release plan to date
- BPR Rejection Action - Amend
- How can our organisation manage amendments currently?
Release plan to date
Due to the extent of this development project, a phased approach is being taken in order to reduce the impact on providers and to assist with change management.
1. The upgrade to SupportAbility v6.14 (January 28th, 2020), saw the release of the first phase of this development project, whereby the workflow for generating NDIS BPRs was separated for Direct and Plan Management Services.
2. The upgrade to SupportAbility v6.16 (March 19th, 2020), saw the release of the second phase of this development project and involved several key changes including:
- A new Finance menu is available from the Dashboard for Staff with the required privileges including all finance-related functions i.e. Bulk Payment Requests, Invoice Batches and Time Sheet Batches
- The workflow for generating NDIS Direct Bulk Payment Requests (BPRs) was changed as a first step towards the ability to identify and process rejected claims:
- Direct BPRs are now generated prior to Invoice Batches (for the NDIA)
- Direct BPRs now include NDIS Support Allocations from Signed Off Activities, rather than NDIA Invoices
- Invoice Batches for the NDIA can then be generated following the creation of a BPR from the ‘View Direct BPR’ page (as required).
N.B. The process for generating Invoice Batches for Self Managed and Plan Managed Clients remains the same.
3. The upgrade to SupportAbility v7 (October 8th, 2020) includes a number of changes designed to ensure greater accuracy between systems. We are also pleased to introduce a powerful new Allocations Report which has been designed and prioritised based on provider feedback. This new report provides much-needed visibility across NDIS service data, which can be queried in many different ways.
- automatically in bulk, with the click of a button to align both systems by Uploading the Bulk Payment Results File (BPRF) downloaded from the myplace provider portal (highly recommended as this feature has been developed to simplify reconciliation):
- manually by selecting a Manual Claim Status of either Accepted (successful) or Rejected (error), only if required.
Any Rejected Allocations can be processed by choosing to either Retry or Cancel these.
New videos are available in the linked articles above and will also be available in the Learning Centre from the new 'NDIS Direct Bulk Payment Request' section of the Finance tab.
BPR Rejection Action - Amend
The Amend action will essentially cancel the original Allocation and allow you to reallocate one or more replacement Supports to correct this within the confines of the Client’s NDIS Direct Funding record.
When ready, you will be able to process this action which will make the amended Allocation/s available for inclusion again in a subsequent BPR (similar to Retry).
Please note that this will not allow the Client's Funding Source or any other element of the Activity to be amended as part of this process. More information regarding the details of this will be provided in the SupportAbility Roadmap article closer to this time.
If your organisation encounters any errors that need to be addressed by amending the Allocation, a different strategy may be required based on whether or not that Allocation/s are part of a 1:1 Activity or a Group Activity.
Please see the Limitations and workarounds regarding Amendments for NDIS Support Allocations article linked below for reference for more information regarding this.