NDIS Funding is a default Funding Type in SupportAbility and has, for the most part, been configured for your organisation. There are however, some things that must be configured in order to utilise this inbuilt functionality.
Please watch our brand new NDIS Configuration video which covers this information also if this is your preferred learning style. N.B. 'Cancellation and "no show" management' and the 'Support Log Introductory Text' were not available at the time this video was created.
- We recommend that invoices for the NDIA are imported into an organisation's Finance system for reconciliation purposes. It is therefore imperative that your organisation has determined your Finance Integration Strategy in relation to how these invoices should be processed.
- Finance Configuration must be completed in order for invoices to be imported into your organisation's Finance system. We therefore recommend this is completed also.
- To update settings System Preferences, Staff require the 'Edit System Preferences' Staff Account Privilege.
What configuration is required?
- Your organisation's NDIS Provider Registration Number.
- The reduced price percentage your organisation wishes to charge in the event of a Cancellation or "no show".
- The Client Support Log 'Support Log Introductory text' in System Preferences if Client Support Logs via Digital Signature are being used.
- The Services that can be paid for using NDIS Funding must be activated.
- It is recommended that the NDIA is created in your Finance system as a debtor in order to process invoices for Agency-managed Client Funding against.
- The Client's NDIS Number must be entered in the Administration section of the Client Details tab.
- Further to this, it is important to understand the requirements for any Clients who have a Plan Manager or are Self Managing their NDIS Funding.
The first three items requiring configuration as outlined in the points above are configured in System Preferences::Settings::NDIS.
NDIS Provider Registration Number
Providers will need to set their NDIS Provider Registration Number/s in the Settings tab in System Preferences. This populates in the Bulk Payment Request file generated from SupportAbility.
If your organisation operates in one State or Territory, enter your organisation's NDIS provider registration number in the relevant field e.g:
National Provider Registration Number
If your organisation has a National provider registration number and wishes to generate Bulk Payment Requests across all of the States and/or Territories you operate in, this can be entered in the National field e.g:
If your organisation wishes to continue to have the option to generate bulk payment requests for selected States and/or Territories your organisation operates in, along with nationally, simply enter this number in each of these fields e.g:
If your organisation only wishes to have the option to generate bulk payment requests for selected States and/or Territories, simply enter this number in each of these fields e.g:
Cancellation and "no show" management
The reduced price percentage your organisation wishes to charge for Category 1, 4 and 15 NDIS Support Allocations can be configured in the case where a cancellation or "no show" occurs. This is set to 90% by default and can be configured between 0 - 90%.
This percentage calculation is applied to the price of any existing Support Category 1 (personal care), 4 (community access) and 15 (therapeutic) NDIS Support Allocations for Clients in Activities after July 1st, 2018 in situations where:
- the Client is marked as Absent,
- the Client is set to be charged (No Charge is not selected),
- the Activity Sign Off has not been performed, and
- no Client Support Log exists.
A setting is available in System Preferences::Settings::NDIS to edit the reduced price percentage for cancellations where required, in the 'Cancellation and "no show" management' section:
If your organisation wishes to edit the percentage for cancellations, select the 'Edit' button. The following ' Edit Reduced Price Percentage' window will appear:
Enter the 'New reduced price percentage for cancellations'. A percentage of between 0 and 90 may be added, up to 2 decimal places. Once entered, select Save:
Confirmation of this change is required:
Support Log Introductory text
When a Client or their nominee is completing a Support Log via Digital Signature, the Support Log Introductory text is displayed. This introduction is designed to describe the purpose of completing a Support Log to the participant or their nominee.
The default Support Log Introductory text reads:
'By signing this Support Log, you are confirming these supports have been delivered as stated.'
However, this can be customised as required in System Preferences::NDIS:
There is no character limit to this text field. However, please be mindful of how much text is entered, especially if staff are using the Support Log via 'Digital Signature' on tablet devices. This also needs be clear and concise for Participants and their nominees.
Please see the Configuring the Client Support Log feature article for more information.
Activate the Services that can be paid for using NDIS funding
The Services your organisation delivers that Clients can pay to participate in using NDIS funding, must be activated in System Preferences::Funding:
Review the ' Usable by Services' section and select each Service that Clients can pay for using their NDIS Funding e.g:
Create the NDIA in your Finance system as a Debtor
Each SupportAbility installation has the default NDIA contact record included for invoicing purposes e.g:
This record is used as the default Financial Plan Manager when entering NDIS funding in a Clients record and is appropriate where the Funding is Agency managed e.g:
As mentioned above, when generating invoices for the NDIA we recommend that your organisation imports these into your finance system for reconciliation purposes e.g:
To import these invoices, the NDIA will need to be created in your organisation's finance system as a Debtor.
MYOB AccountRight, Essentials and EXO
If your organisation uses MYOB, enter the corresponding Card ID in the Debtor ID field of the NDIA Contact record in SupportAbility.
Zed Axis for QuickBooks or Reckon
If your organisation uses Zed Axis for QuickBooks or Reckon, the corresponding QuickBooks or Reckon 'Card ID' must be added to the 'Debtor ID' field in SupportAbility.
If your organisation uses Xero, be sure to create the NDIA record with the same name as the record in SupportAbility, as XERO matches the data by entity name.
Client NDIS Number
The Client's NDIS Number must be entered into SupportAbility for all Clients paying for Services using NDIS Funding as this identifier is included in the Bulk Payment Request file export generated from SupportAbility.
This number is added in the Administration section on the Client Details tab:
Now that this configuration is complete, your organisation is ready to enter Client NDIS Funding Plans. Before this commences, please ensure that the following are considered:
For any Client's who have a Plan Manager managing their NDIS Funding, a Financial Plan Management (FPM) contact record for these Plan Management organisations must be created, in order for them to be available to be set in the Client funding record.
For further information regarding this, please review the:
- Creating and allocating a Financial Plan Management (FPM) Contact record article. or
- the new Creating an NDIS Financial Plan Management (FPM) Contact video.
Self Managed Clients
It is important to ensure the Client Billing Contact is correct for any Client's who are self-managing all or part of their NDIS Funding Plan or have a Plan Nominee managing their funds. Please review the linked article for more information about setting the Client billing contact.
By default, the Client is set to being the billing contact, however, if there is another person responsible for receiving and paying their NDIS invoices e.g. their Plan Nominee, this individual can be added as a Contact and set as the billing contact e.g:
This will then reflect when the Client has been selected as the Financial Plan Manager within the Client's NDIS Funding Plan e.g: