Staff Account - Goals
This article outlines how to add a Staff Goal in a Staff Account, which privileges are required to access the Goals tab, and what information may be recorded for a Staff Goal, i.e. Start, End and Due Dates, details of the Goal, Company Strategy, Staff Responsibilities and Notes.
Privileges: Human Resources at the Site/Service level or 'Human Resources For ALL Staff'
Audience: HR Specialists
The following list summarises the content of this article. Click on the links below to take you to the relevant sections:
- Who can access this tab?
- What information is recorded on the Goals tab?
- How to add a new Goal
Who can access this tab?
The 'Goals' tab of a Staff Account is only accessible to those with the 'Human Resources' privilege for the Site/Services this individual works in, or the global 'Human Resources For ALL Staff' privilege.
Assuming Staff have access to a Staff Account, but do not have one of the HR privileges, they will see the following notification displayed after selecting the 'Goals' tab:
' Sorry, you do not have sufficient privileges to view or edit human resources information for this staff member'
What information is recorded on the Goals tab?
The 'Goals' tab of a Staff Account is where information relating to a Staff Member's Goals may be recorded.
The Goal record includes the following information:
- Start Date - the Start Date generally refers to the commencement of the period when the Goal is applicable, e.g. the Staff Member commences their Responsibilities and your organisation commences supporting them to reach their Goal.
- Due Date - this is a target date only, a point in time when it is planned the Staff Member will have either fully or partially achieved their Goal. This Date can be extended if the Goal is not met at this time.
- End Date - this is the actual End Date when the Goal has been fully or partially achieved or is no longer relevant.
- Goal - this is a free-text field where the Staff Member's Goal can be articulated.
- Company Strategy - this is a free-text field where the ways in which the organisation will be supporting the Staff Member to reach their Goal can be articulated.
- Staff Responsibilities - this is a free-text field where the Staff Member's Responsibilities around their Goal can be articulated.
- Notes - this is a free-text field where any additional information relating to the Staff Member's Goal can be articulated.
N.B. the free-text fields only display a small amount of information however more information than this can be entered and the full content is viewed by scrolling.
How to add a new Goal
To add a new Goal select the + Add a new goal button:
This will create a Goal record where each information field may be completed as outlined below.
Using the calendar icon, select the 'Start Date' to indicate when the Goal commences being relevant e.g. when the Staff Member will commence working towards and your organisation commence supporting the Staff Member to achieve their Goal:
Using the calendar icon, select the relevant 'Due Date' i.e. target date, when it is planned for the Goal to be partially or fully achieved:
Once the Goal has been fully or partially achieved or is no longer relevant an 'End Date' can be entered by using the calendar icon:
Enter the details of the Staff Member's Goal:
Enter the details of the organisation's strategy for supporting the Staff Member to achieve their Goal:
Enter the details of the Staff Member's responsibilities in order to achieve their Goal:
Enter any additional information related to the Staff Member's Goal: