Redirecting Staff Notifications
There are a couple of situations when you may wish to redirect notifications from one Staff Member to another as follows:
- When a Staff member leaves your organisation
- When roles and responsibilities change due to Staff movement within or across Services/Sites/Organisation.
SupportAbility provides functionality for redirecting notifications.
If the redirection is being implemented due to a Staff Member leaving your organisation we recommend redirecting their notifications, prior to inactivating that Staff Member's record once they have left the organisation.
N.B. It should be noted that:
- It is not possible to select which notifications to redirect to a Staff member, as all notifications linked to a Staff member will be redirected.
- It is not possible to redirect notifications for one Staff member to multiple, or different Staff members.
- SupportAbility only redirects current notifications using this Report. Staff set to be notified for any actions which occurred retrospectively e.g. Journal Actions, Client Incident Actions, obsolete Documents are not updated.
Audience: Authorised Representatives, HR Specialist, Team Leaders
- Which Staff Notifications will be redirected
- How to set up Redirection of Staff Notifications
The 'Human Resources For ALL Staff' Staff Account Privilege is required to generate this Redirect Staff Notifications function.
Which Staff Notifications will be redirected
Once redirection has been set up the following Notification Types will be re-directed:
- Journal Action
- Client Incident Action
- Staff Training
- Staff Review
- Client Documents
- Staff Documents
- Contact Documents
- Incident Documents
- Incident Injury Documents
- OFI Documents
How to set up Redirection of Staff Notifications
To redirect notifications select Reports in the Dashboard menu, then select 'Redirect Staff Notifications' from the Staff Reports section, located on the bottom left-hand side of the page:
Select the Staff member who you wish to redirect notifications from and to, then click 'Search for Notifications':
This will generate a list of results, displaying the number of 'Notifications Found' per 'Notification Type':
A warning message will appear asking you to confirm your intention to redirect:
N.B. Performing this action updates the person set to 'notify', and this is all. This feature does not update the Key Support Worker or overwrite any previous work the outgoing Staff member completed such as Journal entries etc.
Return to Summary
Key Support Worker
To update the Key Support Worker as listed in the Client Service Participation of relevant Client records, we recommend running a Client Search:
and filtering by the outgoing 'Key Support Worker':
This will generate a list of Clients who have this Staff Member noted as their Key Support Worker e.g:
The list can then be used as a reference for reassigning the Key Support Worker, or at least de-selecting this person, prior to inactivating their Staff account e.g:
May be left blank if it is uncertain who this should be e.g: