Logging into SupportAbility
This article provides information to assist with logging into your SupportAbility installation securely and successfully, including information about the two levels of secure login, and remote access.
The following list summarises the content within this article. Click on the links below to take you to the relevant sections:
- Security Levels
- Remote Access
- Trouble Logging in
There are two levels of security that need to be passed in order to gain access to SupportAbility:
- Shared Security
- Individual User Security
Shared Security is the first level of authentication when logging in and everybody within your organisation uses the same Shared Username and Password. This has been configured specifically for your organisation by SupportAbility and the Shared Username and Password cannot be updated by your organisation.
When prompted to enter these details, this will appear differently depending on which web browser is being used to access SupportAbility. Following is an example of the Shared Security level of authentication, when logging into SupportAbility using Google Chrome:
When entering the Shared Username (e.g. provider) and Password, you may choose to set your web browser to save this:
Once saved, you will not be required to enter this again in the future, and when logging into SupportAbility again you will be prompted to enter your Individual Security details only.
IMPORTANT - Each time a Staff Member logs into SupportAbility using a new device or a different browser, or clears the cookies, cache and/or browsing history from your web browser, entering the Shared Username and Password will be required.
If the incorrect Shared Security details are entered, the following message will be displayed:
Where are the Shared Security details displayed?
The details of your organisation's Shared Security Username & Password are displayed in three places as outlined below. This information is displayed for information purposes only and cannot be edited by your organisation.
Shared Security Details are displayed in:
- 'Password Set/Reset' related emails:
- The 'Account Details' section on the 'User Details' tab of 'My Staff Account':
- The 'Account Details' section on the 'User Details' tab of a Staff Account:
Once you have passed the first level of Shared Security, the Individual Security log in screen will display.
This is the second level of security and everybody within your organisation will use their own individual personalised Username and Password in this step to gain access to SupportAbility.
When your Staff Account is created a Username is configured for you.
Your organisation will select one of the following methods to provide your individual password:
- Send Password Link - a 'Set/Reset Password' link will be emailed containing a link from which you can set your own password, OR
- Set Password manually - a temporary password will be created and communicated to you, which can be used for your initial log in, and you may be required to change this to something more secure upon your next login.
To log in to SupportAbility enter your individual Username and Password, then select the 'Log In' button:
N.B. When using shared devices:
- We do not recommend selecting the browser prompt to save or remember your individual password, in order to preserve the security of each Staff account.
- We recommend that Staff always log out of SupportAbility when they have finished their session.
SupportAbility provides functionality if your organisation wishes to restrict access to your installation when Staff are logging in from a remote location other than the Sites where Services are delivered or managed from.
If remote access has been configured in your installation by restricting access to specific IP addresses, only Staff who have been granted the 'Allow Remote Access' privilege in their Staff Account will be able to log in to your installation from a location other than the whitelist of allowable IP addresses.
More information regarding this functionality is outlined in the Restricting Remote Access to SupportAbility article, linked below.
Trouble Logging In
For detailed information relating to managing issues with logging in, please refer to the linked articles below:
- When resetting your own password (e.g. when you have selected the 'Forgot Your Password' button, or updating your password after login), or when another Staff member is assisting you to reset your password; please refer to the Resetting my individual password & resolving log in issues article
- When assisting another Staff Member to log in, including resetting their individual password, or facilitating remote access, please refer to the Assisting another Staff Member to log in article
- For web browser related issues with logging in, please refer to the Supported web browsers & troubleshooting browser-related issues article
If you are still unable to access SupportAbility, or do not have a record of your organisation's Shared Username and Shared Password please contact your System Administrator, or SupportAbility Authorised Representative.