Staff Hours Report
The Staff Hours Report is useful in obtaining information regarding the number of hours Staff Members have either worked or are scheduled to work, within a specified date range.
The report is available in two modes and can either be selected to provide Detail of each Staff shift within Activities for the specified time period for each Staff Member or a Summary only of the total hours worked/scheduled for each Staff Member, within the specified time period.
A data-rich export of this report is available which also provides additional information to that displayed onscreen i.e. related Activity, Time Sheet, and Human Resources data. This may be useful for the purpose of Payroll.
Audience: HR Specialist, Team Leaders
The following list summarises the content within this article. Click on the links below to take you to the relevant sections:
- How to generate the Staff Hours Report
- Are leave exceptions included?
- Staff Hours Report Export
All Staff Members can generate this report and view their own Staff shift information, however, the Team Leader privilege is required to view Staff shift information for other Staff Members:
- Access to Staff shift data at individual Sites and Services
- The 'Team Leader' privilege for the relevant Site and Service e.g. Melbourne (HQ) Site - Day Services is required to grant this level of access
- Access to Staff shift data for All Services at a specific Site
- The 'Team Leader' privilege at the Site/Service level, granted for every individual Service at that Site, or 'Administration (ALL SERVICES]' access for the relevant Site is required to grant this level of access
- Access to all Staff shift data across the organisation
- The global 'Team Leader for ALL Services' Security Privilege is required to grant this level of access
How to generate the Staff Hours Report
To access the Staff Hours Report navigate to the Dashboard and select Reports:
Navigate to the Rostering subsection of the Staff section of the Reports menu and select 'Staff Hours Report':
Staff Hours Report Set Up
This report can be filtered by a variety of search criteria as follows:
- From Date
- To Date
- Report Mode - Detail or Summary
- Employment/Volunteer Type - as configured in the 'Human Resources' tab of the Staff Account
- Sign Off Status - Activity Sign Off Status
- Includes Break
- Paid Shift
The Detailed Report mode provides a breakdown of the following information for each Staff shift occurring in the specified date period and displays the results separately for each Staff Member as per the chosen search criteria:
- Hours - Number of hours worked/scheduled (dependent on Activity Sign Off Status)
- Number of Private and Company kms allocated (if this information has been entered)
If an organisation is entering the Working Hours in the Human Resources tab of Staff Accounts:
Additional data is displayed in the summary line for each Staff Member in the onscreen results.
The summary line is highlighted in green if they are within their Working Hours for the relevant period (e.g. week), or highlighted in red if they have exceeded these hours:
The Summary Report mode also displays the results separately for each Staff Member working in the specified Sites/Services, however, summarises the total number of hours worked/scheduled (depending on Activity Sign Off Status) and total kms (Private and Company) allocated for each Staff Member (if applicable) for the reporting period:
Are leave exceptions included?
The Staff Hours Report does not factor in leave exceptions.
The Availability Exception (Leave) Report is available to download for Staff with the 'Human Resources For ALL Staff' privilege which summarises any leave entered as an Availability Exception, along with any Annual and Personal leave amounts:
Various criteria may be searched such as:
- Type - Unavailable, Available
- Status - Approved, Pending, Not Approved
- Date - From, To
- Staff Member
This report may be used in conjunction with the Staff Hours Report.
Staff Hours Report export
Once the Staff Hours Report has been generated, the results can be exported in a CSV file. This data-rich file contains multiple additional columns of Activity data which is not displayed onscreen.
N.B. The information available in the export is dependent on what has been entered in the various records, and whether your organisation is using all of the related functionality.
The file can be manually manipulated, sorted and filtered, to provide specific information for a range of purposes as per the examples below:
- Shifts which include Private or Company kms
- Shifts which included a Break
- Shifts that have not been signed off (if this is a requirement of your organisation)
- Activities awaiting Sign-Off
- Hours worked by specific Employment Types (e.g.casual, part-time, full time etc)
- Hours worked in Activities with specific attributes, as noted by Tags (if your organisation is using Tags)
Export Detailed Report
To export the Staff Hours Report, simply select the 'Export Detailed Report' button at the bottom of the 'Staff Hours Report Setup' section:
Once opened in a program such as Microsoft Excel, the Staff Hours Report export contains the following columns of information and the source of this information has been noted for each:
- Staff Member First Name - as entered in the User Details tab
- Staff Member Last Name - as entered in the User Details tab
- SupportAbility Staff ID - as entered in the Human Resources tab
- Payroll System Category - as entered in theHuman Resources tab
- Payroll System Identifier - as entered in the Human Resources tab
- Employment/Volunteer Type -as entered in theHuman Resources tab
- Working Hours - as entered in the Human Resources tab
- Working Hour Period - as entered in the Human Resources tab
- Report Period From Date - From Date entered in report search criteria
- Report Period To Date - To Date entered in report search criteria
- Max Hours for Report Period - based on the Working Hours as entered in the Human Resources tab
The remainder of the columns of information is sourced from related Activity records:
- SupportAbility Activity ID
- Activity Name
- Site - Site related to the Activity
- Service - Service related to the Activity
- Program - if an organisation is using Programs, options as configured in System Preferences::Activity: Programs
- Activity Location
- Activity Tags - if an organisation is using Tags, options as configured in System Preferences::Tags
- Activity Sign Off Status
- Activity Sign Off Completed By
- Activity Sign Off Date/Time
- Staff Shift From Date/Time
- Staff Shift To Date/Time
- Staff Shift Duration in Hours
- Includes Break - data displayed in the export is either Yes or No, relative to whether the 'Includes Break' checkbox was selected in a Staff row of an Activity. There is no facility in the Activity record to record the duration of the break
- Paid Shift -data displayed in the export is either Yes or No, relative to whether the 'Not Paid' checkbox was selected in a Staff row of an Activity
- Private kms - displays the number of km entered in the Private Kilometers field in a Staff row of an Activity
- Company kms - displays the number of km entered in the Company Kilometers field in a Staff row of an Activity, accessible via the down arrow under Non-NDIS Chargeable Hrs
- Timesheet Sign Off Status
- Timesheet Sign Off Completed By - the information displayed here is determined by whether it is a requirement of your organisation for Staff to complete the Time Sheet Sign Off. If not, this will reflect the person who completed the Activity Sign Off, which automatically completes any Time Sheets which have not had the Sign Off completed.
- Timesheet Sign Off Date/Time - as per the note above for 'Timesheet Sign Off Completed By'