Incomplete Client Records and Search Report
This article provides detailed information relating to the information required to create a 'Complete' Client record, including the mandatory fields that must be entered in order for this to be deemed complete.
Audience: Authorised Representatives, Support Staff
The following list summarises the content of this article. Click on the links below to take you to the relevant sections:
- How are mandatory fields and fields required to deem a Client record complete identified?
- What information is needed to deem a Client record 'complete'?
- Validation and Incomplete Client Warnings
- Incomplete Client Record Search Report
How are mandatory fields and fields required to deem a Client record complete identified?
Mandatory fields for completion are identified in one of three ways:
- Red coloured underline to the field - this indicates information must be entered in this field before the record can be saved:
- Amber coloured underline to the field - this indicates information must be entered in this field to deem the record complete, otherwise an Incomplete Client Record Warning will display:
- A notification message with an amber background
What information is needed to deem a Client record 'complete'?
Specific information is needed to be entered in the following tabs of a Client record to deem it 'complete' and ensure 'Incomplete Client record Warnings' no longer appear:
- Client Details
- Client Details
- Client Service Participation
- Consent - relevant when an organisation is entering information in this section
- Administration Details - relevant to the 'Validation' Warning
- Contacts - one or more personal contacts
- Documents - relevant when specific Document Types have been set as compulsory for individual Services
- Journal Actions - relevant when the 'Include Journal Actions In Incomplete Client Review' setting is activated in System Preferences::Journals
More detailed information as to the specific fields that require completion in each of these areas is outlined below.
Client Details tab
The following information is required to be completed in the 'Client Details' tab of the Client record to deem the Client record as 'complete':
In the 'Client Details' section of the Client Details tab, the following fields require completion:
- First Name - must be completed in order for the Client record to be saved
- Last Name - must be completed in order for the Client record to be saved
- Street Address - must be completed in order for the Client record to be deemed complete
- Suburb - must be completed in order for the Client record to be deemed complete
- State - must be completed in order for the Client record to be deemed complete
- Post Code - must be completed in order for the Client record to be deemed complete
- Home Phone OR Mobile - a number must be entered in either one of these fields in order for the Client record to be deemed complete. Once entered in one of these fields the amber underline will disappear from the other.
- Date of Birth - must be completed in order for the Client record to be saved.
- NDIS Number - When an NDIS Direct Client Funding record has been created a valid NDIS Number must be entered in the Client Details section in order for the Client record to be deemed complete:
N.B. A valid NDIS Number has no more or no less than 9 digits and no spaces between the numbers.
Client Service Participation
In the 'Client Service Participation' section of the Client Details tab, the following requires completion in order for the Client record to be deemed 'complete'.
One or more Services
Firstly, one or more 'Service/s' must be added to reflect all of the Services this Client participates in:
Once the relevant Service/s have been added a 'Primary' Site/Service must be allocated to reflect the primary Service that the Client participates in:
Key Support Worker
All Client Service Participation records, including historical Client Services, need to have a 'Key Support Worker' recorded:
The list of Staff available for selection in the 'Key Support Worker' field is organised alphabetically and grouped by 'Service Staff' first, followed by 'Non-Service Staff':
N.B. 'Key Support Worker' is an available search criterion in both the 'Client Search' and 'Client Service Participation Report'. More information on these Search Reports is available in the related articles linked below for reference.
When an organisation is entering information in the 'Consent' area of the Client Details tab, and the option 'Partial' has been selected in the 'Consent' field:
At least one 'Consent Exclusion' is required to be entered in order to deem the Client record 'complete':
The relevant LGA that matches the postcode entered in the Client's address must be selected from the list of pre-configured options to deem the record complete:
Client Contacts tab
The following information is required to be completed in the 'Contacts' tab of the Client record:
At least one Personal Contact must be added on the Contacts tab and the following fields completed in order for the Client record to be deemed 'complete':
- First Name
- Last Name
- Relationship - to the Client
- Work, Home OR Mobile Phone - a number must be entered in one of these fields in order for the Contact record to be deemed complete. Once entered in one of these fields the amber underline will disappear from the other Phone fields.
- Street Address
- Post Code
N.B. The above fields of information must be completed for all Contacts added.
Client Documents Tab
The following information may be required to be completed on the 'Documents' tab of a Client record in order to deem it 'complete', relative to the configuration of optional related settings:
Once the Client Service Participation section of the Client record has been completed, if your organisation has configured compulsory Document Types in System Preferences for any of the Services a Client participates in, the relevant compulsory Documents must be uploaded to the Client's Documents tab in order for the Client record to be deemed as 'complete':
'Complete' is determined not only when the Document record of this type has been added but a Document file has also been uploaded to the Document record:
If the Status of a Document record for a compulsory Document Type has been marked as 'Obsolete' the Client record will be deemed 'incomplete':
Validation and Incomplete Client Warnings
When a Client record is first created 'Validation Issue/s' will display at the top of the Client record in the 'Client Warnings' bar, noting the number of existing issues e.g. 3 Validation Issues:
Selecting the 'Client Warnings' bar will open this window, where details about the missing information for each Type of Client Warning e.g. 'Incomplete' or 'Validation' is outlined:
Selecting the 'Link' icon for each Client Warning will navigate to the relevant areas of the Client record where the information can be entered/updated as required.
Further Client Warnings
Further Validation Issues may display in the Client Warnings bar, dependent on prior information having been entered or the configuration of optional settings, as follows:
- Missing Key Support Worker for Client Service Participation
- Missing Document Types set as 'compulsory'
Missing Key Support Worker for Client Service Participation
Once one or more Services have been added to the Client Service Participation section of the Client record, if a 'Key Support Worker' has not been selected an 'incomplete' Client Warning will display:
Missing Document Types set as 'compulsory'
When 'Document Types', set as compulsory for those Services listed in the 'Client Service Participation' section of the Client record, have not been added to the Client's Documents tab, an 'Incomplete' Client Warning will display:
N.B. If the Status of a Document record for a compulsory Document Type is added to the Client record but marked as 'Obsolete' and the Client record is saved, the 'Incomplete' Client Warning relating to missing Documents will display.
Incomplete Client Records Search
There is a Report to assist in identifying Incomplete Client Records.
Select 'Reports' from the Dashboard:
Navigate to the Client Records subsection of the Clients section of the Reports menu and select 'Find Incomplete Client Records':
This Report allows you to search by Client's who participate in specific Services and or Sites, along with specifics of what remains incomplete i.e. [Compulsory] Documents, Contacts and/or Services (Client Service Participation):
N.B. The Incomplete selection options: Documents, Contacts & Services, works as an 'AND' search when more than one option is selected. This means that selecting Documents + Contacts + Services will only return Client Records that have all 3 incomplete.
Understanding this, it might be worth running a report for each option independently, to produce a complete list.
The onscreen list results can then be reviewed and worked through by selecting the links to navigate to each of the relevant Client records:
Your organisation may also choose to utilise Bookmarks to manage tasks such as updating records.
A Bookmark can be added to the records which require updating and set for the most relevant Staff Member to complete those actions.
This will then appear on that Staff Member's Dashboard to alert them about the required actions for completion:
More information about this feature is outlined in the Bookmarks article, linked below for reference.