The Allocations Report allows providers to search for Client NDIS Support Allocations via a range of search criteria.
It is a useful report to identify actual or projected revenue for specific Services, Sites, NDIS Support Categories, NDIS Support Items, NDIS Registration Groups, Plan Managers, and many other cohorts.
It also provides reporting on the financial processing status of Allocations. Specifically for Allocations associated with Agency Managed Supports by being able to search for Allocations that are Accepted or those that are Rejected and the accompanying processing status i.e. Pending Action, Marked for Retry, Marked for Cancellation, processed as Cancelled or in a state of Retry. Or for Allocations that are associated with alternative Financial Plan Managers i.e. Clients, Client Contacts or FPM Contacts as required and by Invoicing Status.
This article steps through the purpose of this report, how to generate this report, the available search criteria, viewing the list results and exporting this report.
Privileges: In order to generate this report, the ‘View Financial Information’ Staff Account privilege is required, in combination with either:
- the ‘Edit Client Records Across ALL Services’ privilege, or
- the ‘Team Leader for ALL Services’ privilege.
Audience: Authorised Representatives, Finance Team, Team Leaders, Operations Management
The following list summarises the content within this article. Click on the links below to take you to the relevant sections:
- Report purpose
- How to generate an Allocations Report
- Search criteria
- Client Supports
- NDIA Managed
- List results
- Report export
The Allocations Report has been developed to give providers much-needed visibility over all NDIS Support Allocations holistically. A large range of search criteria is available to select from, allowing the data to be queried from many angles based on the various business requirements associated with NDIS Support Allocations.
This report can be used to not only identify specifics but to provide the aggregate data required to aid in strategic planning and continuous improvement. A comprehensive export is available to download when more detailed information is required, allowing providers to analyse this information outside of SupportAbility.
Let's explore a few ways that this report can be used to achieve this.
We can search for specific Support Item/s that has been Allocated to identify where they are in use.
For example, the temporary COVID19 Support Items for PPE are only valid to the 31st of October, 2020 for NSW and the 30th of November, 2020 for VIC. This report can be used to identify if the relevant Support e.g. 01_797_0104_1_1, has been allocated in any Activities after this date:
In this case, we're not as concerned with the total value of these Allocations, more the need to locate them so they may be removed from the relevant Activities and make the Support Item unavailable in the Client's Funding record as required. N.B. Selecting the Client's name will take you directly to their Funding record.
In the scenario where we wish to ensure all of the relevant Allocations have been included in a BPR for the previous reporting period, for example, we can use the 'Included in BPR' search criterion in order to identify Allocations that are 'Not Included':
This can be narrowed down further by using the 'Activity Sign Off Status' search criterion in addition to this, to identify the Allocations included in Activities that are awaiting Sign Off:
In this example, it's only the one Activity that is awaiting Sign Off, as there are multiple Client NDIS Support Allocations included.
Reviewing aggregate data
In the scenario where we wish to see information regarding the total value of the NDIS Support Allocations delivered, we can narrow down this list by a number of criteria depending on the data required.
For example, if we need to know the total value of services delivered for the September quarter specific to the Gold Coast Site, this can be determined by entering the required date range, selecting the Gold Coast Site and choosing the Activity Sign Off Status, 'Signed Off':
The total value of these results is listed at the bottom of the page e.g. $2,996.69, noting the figure displayed here is the sum total across all pages of results:
A comprehensive data export is available once the required NDIS Support Allocations have been filtered. This data can provide valuable insight into your organisation's service delivery and participants to support decision-making, enhance productivity, reveal any issues that require addressing, and a host of other benefits.
For example, if we wish to audit all of our Rejected claims, we can search by the Claim Status of Rejected:
And investigate the reasons for these errors along with how they have been processed and many other details in the data export:
The data export is particularly useful for reviewing large data sets.
How to generate an Allocations Report
Select 'Finance' from the Dashboard:
Navigate to the Reports > NDIS Direct Support Allocations section and select 'Allocations Report':
A range of search criteria is available to select from in four key sections that can be used independently, or in conjunction, to search across Client NDIS Support Allocations in SupportAbility:
- Client Supports
- NDIA Managed
The Activity section allows you to choose search criteria related to the Activity that the NDIS Support Allocations are associated with, including:
- Activity Start Date - From/To
- Activity Sign Off Status
- Staff Members
Activity Start Date - From/To
Select an Activity Start Date range, for example, to search for NDIS Support Allocations included in all Activities for today, or the current week:
Activity Sign Off Status
If you wish to narrow these results down by Activity Sign Off Status, you can search for NDIS Support Allocations in Activities which are:
- Signed Off, or
- Not Signed Off
All Active Sites that the related Activities are facilitated by are selected by default:
Select the Sites you wish to report on if a specific Site is required, or type in what you are after e.g. Gold Coast, to narrow down the list of NDIS Support Allocations included in Activities delivered by this Site:
The Report can also be filtered by Inactive Sites if required.
Similarly, all Active Services that the related Activities are facilitated by are selected by default:
This may also be narrowed down to the specific Service you're wanting to report on, for example, the 'In Home' Service, to list results of NDIS Support Allocations included in Activities delivered by this Service:
The Program search criteria can be used to locate NDIS Support Allocations included in Activities by Program, provided the list of Activity::Programs has been configured, and Programs are being added to the Activities your organisation delivers:
If Staff Members at your organisation are using 'Other' when adding Programs to Activities and entering a custom Program, the 'Other' option may be of assistance when filtering this Report.
Selecting this checkbox in the search criterion opens up a free text field that must be completed in order to yield the required results e.g:
Individual or multiple Staff Members can be selected as required, and the list is grouped first by 'Active' Staff Members, followed by 'Inactive' Staff.
This search criterion is primarily designed to assist providers to review NDIS Support Allocations associated with 1:1 Activities for specific Staff Members which may be useful for Support Coordination and providers of Therapeutic Supports:
The Client Supports section allows you to choose search criteria related to the Client and the Supports that the NDIS Support Allocations are associated with, including:
- Program of Support
- Support Categories
- Registration Groups
- Support Items
- Claim Types
- Short Notice Cancellation Reasons
- Cost Types
If you wish to search for NDIS Support Allocations for specific Clients, the relevant Client/s may be selected here:
This may also be narrowed down to the specific Client/s you're wanting to report on by typing in the individual's name:
Program of Support
If you wish to search by NDIS Support Allocations that are associated with a Program of Support or not, this can be selected here:
The relevant NDIS Support Allocation Support Categories may be selected:
Similarly, NDIS Support Allocations can be filtered by specific Registration Groups as required:
N.B. Only the Registration Groups for the 2020/21 NDIS Price Guide are available to select from. Registration Group 101 is not available due to the Transitional Support (01_001_0101_1_1) having been removed.
NDIS Support Allocations of specific Support Items can be searched for:
With the ability to 'select all' Support Items which have a 'Notional Unit Price', are associated with the 'Transitional' or 'New' Approach to Community and Centre Based Group Supports (designed to assist with this transition), or all Support Items belonging to a specific Category e.g. Category 0001: Assistance with daily life.
Scrolling down further, the full list of Support Items is available to select from, noting that the Support Items available are those from NDIS Price Guides for the two last calendar years:
You can also simply start typing the Support Item that you are looking for in the search bar to locate this too e.g. Support Coordination:
The applicable NDIS Support Allocations can be located by the Portion selected as required:
Please see the Apportioning the Price of the required Group Supports article linked below for reference, for more information regarding this.
The list of NDIS Support Allocations can be filtered by the chosen Claim Types:
Short Notice Cancellations
As well by NDIS Support Allocations with specific Short Notice Cancellation Reasons:
NDIS Support Allocations have an option to record the relevant Cost Type (e.g. standard kms, road tolls, public transport) for any of the following Supports:
- Activity Based Transport, or
- Provider Travel Non-Labour Costs
The options available to select from and report on here are based on the configurable 'Activity NDIS Support Allocations: Travel & Transport Cost Types' List:
Please see the Participant Transport and Provider Travel article linked below for reference, for more information regarding this.
The NDIA Managed section allows you to choose search criteria related to the processing status of Agency Managed NDIS Support Allocations in relation to the Bulk Payment Request (BPR) and Bulk Payment Results File (BPRF), including:
- Included in BPR
- BPR Claim Status
- BPR Processing Status
- Agency Capped
- Claim Reference
When any of these search criteria are used, only NDIS Support Allocations associated with Agency Managed Client Funding records will be included in the search results e.g. if 'Not Included' is selected in the 'Included in a BPR' search criterion, only NDIA Managed NDIS Support Allocations will be returned (if the FPM in the Client's Funding record is set to a Plan Manager or themselves or Billing Contact, these will not be included).
Included in BPR
To search for NDIS Support Allocations Included in a BPR or not, this may be selected here:
BPR Claim Status
You may also search by the BPR Claim Status of either Accepted, Rejected or No Claim Status:
BPR Processing Status
And, by the BPR Processing Status:
The list of NDIS Support Allocations can also be filtered to list only those that have been Agency Capped as per the Bulk Payment Results File (BPRF) uploaded from the portal:
And a Claim Reference can be entered to search for an NDIS Support Allocation by this ID:
The Finance section allows you to choose search criteria related to the associated financial configuration and processing status of NDIS Support Allocations, including:
- Financial Plan Manager (FPM)
- Client Funding On Billing Hold
- Invoicing Status
Financial Plan Manager (FPM)
To search for NDIS Support Allocations by a specific Financial Plan Manager (FPM) or group of FPM's as configured for the associated Support in the Client's NDIS Direct Funding record, this may be selected here:
This allows you to search for NDIS Support Allocations by:
- the broader category of Financial Plan Manager as configured for the associated NDIS Supports: FPM (Plan Managed), Clients (Self Managed), or Client Contacts (Self Managed)
- For example, selecting 'Clients' will yield results of all NDIS Support Allocations where the Client is configured as the FPM for the associated Support in their NDIS Direct Funding record, or by
- narrowing the results down to a specific Financial Plan Manager
- e.g. selecting the Plan Management organisation 'Plans R Us' will yield results of NDIS Support Allocations where the organisation 'Plans R Us' is configured as the FPM for the associated NDIS Supports in the relevant NDIS Direct Client Funding records
N.B. The available options to select from are based on the Financial Plan Manager configuration in your organisation's NDIS Direct Client Funding records. For example, if there are no Client Contacts that have been configured as an FPM, there will be no specific Client Contacts to select from and filtering the list by this search criterion will yield no results.
Client Funding On Billing Hold
From the upgrade to SupportAbility v7.17 (October, 2021) the Client Funding On Billing Hold search criterion is available, designed to assist providers to find or omit NDIS Support Allocations associated with NDIS Direct Client Funding records that are On Billing Hold:
When a Client Funding record is placed 'On Billing Hold', the Funding record can continue to be utilised in Activities, however, all NDIS Support Allocations or other related Activity Charges utilising this are blocked from inclusion when generating BPRs and/or Invoice Batches.
Please see the How to place a Client Funding record ‘On Billing Hold’ and remove this when ready to generate billing assets article for more information, linked below for reference.
The list of NDIS Support Allocations may also be filtered by Invoicing Status:
From the upgrade to SupportAbility v7.12 (July 2021), a search criterion is available to search for Cancelled Allocations:
When Yes is selected here, this searches for Allocations with the Finance Status of Cancelled, which now encompasses both Accepted and Rejected Allocations.
A tooltip has been added to explain the purpose of this search criterion and to clarify how it is different from the 'BPR Processing Status' option of Cancelled, given this option searches across Cancelled Allocations associated with Self/Plan Managed Invoice Items too:
Once the report has been generated, the results will be listed below along with a summary of the number of search results:
N.B. This Report returns a maximum of 20,000 list results.
The following columns are listed in the Allocations Report results:
- Activity Dates - Date, From and To Time of the Activity
- Activity - Activity Name linking to the Activity record and the Service @ Site it is being facilitated by
- Client - the Client and Funding record the Allocation is associated with linking directly to the Funding record
- Support Item - details regarding the Support including the Item, Claim Type, Quantity and Price
- Value Inc. GST - the total value of the Allocation including GST
- Finance Status - populates the most currently Processing Status of the Allocation:
- No Claim Status
- Finance Details - includes finance information relating to the Allocation where relevant:
- Claim Reference
- Invoice Batch
- N.B. BPR and Claim Reference are not displayed for Allocations that are associated with Self and/or Plan Managed Funding
Many of these columns may be sorted by ascending or descending order based on how you wish to view the results.
Once the report has been generated, there is the option to download a CSV export of this report by selecting the Actions menu on the top right-hand side of the window:
Once opened in a program like Microsoft Excel, the following columns are listed in the Allocations Report export:
- Activity From Date - the 'Activity From' Date and Time
- Activity To Date - the 'Activity To' Date and Time
- Activity Name - Activity Description
- Site - the Site the Activity is being facilitated at or managed from
- Service - the Service the Activity is being facilitated or managed by
- Program - the Program added to this Activity
- Activity Sign Off Date - Date and Time the Activity Sign Off was performed
- Client First Name
- Client Surname
- NDIS Number
- Absent - Yes/No
- No Charge - Yes/No
- Program of Support - Yes/No
- Client Support Log Date - Date and Time the Client Support Log was performed
- Funding - NDIS Direct Client Funding record name
- Funding Start Date
- Funding End Date
- FPM - Financial Plan Manager as configured for the associated NDIS Support
- Unit of Measure
- Support Item Reference
- Support Item Name
- Price Portion - as configured for the required Supports
- N.B. When this export is opened using Excel, the value included in the column is pre-formatted by Excel as a 'Time' field type since it includes numbers with a colon. The result is the value appears with a 0 in between e.g. 1:03
- Cost Type - as selected for the relevant Transport, Activity Based Transport, or Provider Travel Non-Labour Costs Supports
- Claim Type
- Short Notice Cancellation Reason
- Support Category
- Registration Group
- Outcome Domain
- Support Purpose
- BPR ID
- BPR Creation Date - Date and Time the BPR was created
- BPRF Upload Date - Date and Time the BPRF was uploaded
- Claim Reference Number
- Claim Status - No Claim Status, Accepted or Rejected
- NDIA Rejected Reason - reason provided by the NDIA for the error as per the BPRF
- Finance Status - Allocation Processing Status
- Price - the value of the Unit Price
- N.B. If using the BPRF functionality, this reflects the value paid following this being uploaded to the relevant BPR
- Value Incl GST - the value of the Allocation including GST
- N.B. If using the BPRF functionality, this reflects the value paid following this being uploaded to the relevant BPR
- Agency Capped - Yes/No based on if a 'Capped Price' has been applied by the NDIA as per the BPRF
- Claimed Price - the value of the Unit Price that was claimed
- Claimed Value Incl GST - the value of the Allocation that was claimed
- Finance Notes - any notes that have been added internally in the BPR
- Invoice Number
- Invoice Date
- Invoice Batch ID
- Activity Hours - designed to assist with cross-referencing Activity Hours vs. NDIS Support Allocations with an Hours Unit of Measure
- Staff Members - lists the Staff Member/s added to the associated Activity
- N.B. Where multiple Staff Members are associated with an Activity, they are listed separated by a pipe character e.g. Abel Mccaa | Mary Milliken.
- Where more than 20 Staff are associated with an Activity, the individual Staff names will not be displayed and a note will display indicating there are 'More than 20 staff'.
- Activity ID
- Start Day of Week
- Activity Location
- Client ID - a unique identifier that is auto-generated by SupportAbility based on the specific type of record e.g. 17
- SupportAbility Client Customer ID - a unique identifier that is auto-generated by SupportAbility based on the specific type of record e.g. CL_17 where CL denotes a Client Customer record (used by some finance systems for the purpose of finance integration)
- Client Debtor ID - populates when a Debtor ID has been manually entered in the corresponding field for the Client (used by some finance systems for the purpose of finance integration)
- SupportAbility Debtor Customer ID - a unique identifier that is auto-generated by SupportAbility based on the specific type of record that the associated Debtor is e.g. CO_10129 where CO denotes the Contact record (used by some finance systems for the purpose of finance integration)
- Debtor ID - populates when a Debtor ID has been manually entered in the corresponding field of the associated Debtor i.e. Client, Client Contact, or Contact record e.g. 17888 for Contact: All Star Provider (used by some finance systems for the purpose of finance integration)
- Client Funding ID - a unique identifier that is auto-generated by SupportAbility based on the specific Client Funding record associated e.g. 54
- Notional Unit Price Support - Yes/No based on whether or not this is applicable for the related Support Item
- Please see the Notional Unit Price Support Items article for more information, linked below for reference
- Client Funding On Billing Hold - Yes/No, when No, the next fields are empty as they are not applicable
- Client Funding On Billing Hold Since - Date of last change of On Billing Hold to Yes
- Client Funding On Billing Hold By - Staff Member Name who changed On Billing Hold to Yes