Generating NDIS Bulk Payment Requests
- Your organisation's chosen Finance Integration Strategy must be determined, particularly regarding invoicing the NDIA.
- Finance Configuration must be completed, in order to export invoices to your finance system where required.
- NDIS Configuration must be completed.
- NDIS Client Funding Plans must be entered in the Client's funding tab.
- NDIS Support Allocations applied within the relevant Activities for Providers of Direct Services, and
- Activities must have the Activity Sign Off performed prior to being available to include in an invoice batch and the subsequent NDIS Bulk Payment Request. The Service Schedule - Activity Schedule Report is designed to assist with this process.
- NDIS Support Allocations applied within the External Invoices Items entered for Providers of Plan Management Services, and
- External Invoices must also have the Sign Off performed prior to being available to include in an external invoice batch and the subsequent NDIS Bulk Payment Request.
- Invoice batches (Internal, for invoices for the NDIA and/or External for Plan Managers) will need to be generated, prior to them being available for inclusion in the NDIS Bulk Payment Request file.
Invoice batches must be generated first
Before an NDIS Bulk Payment Request can be generated, invoice batches must be generated first. Please review the following articles for instruction:
How to generate an NDIS Bulk Payment Request
To generate NDIS Bulk Payment Requests, staff will need the 'Edit ALL Clients Records' and 'View Financial Information' Staff Account Privileges.
To generate an NDIS Bulk Payment Request, navigate to the Reports menu from the SupportAbility Dashboard and choose ' Generate NDIS Bulk Payment Request':
Step 1: Search for NDIA Invoices
Enter the Search criteria for the invoices that you wish to include in the Bulk Payment Request:
National or State
The available options to select from here depend on how the Configuration required prior to generating NDIS Payment Requests that has been completed.
If your organisation operates in a specific State or Territory, select this from the menu:
However, if your organisation has a National Provider Registration number and you wish to generate payment requests for all of the States and Territories you operate across, select the National option:
Select the invoice dates that you wish to include. These date filters are generally left empty to include all invoices. Please note, when referring to Internal [Direct] Invoices (for services delivered directly via Activities), the invoice date refers to the date the invoice batch was generated and not the dates of the services delivered.
This filter is specifically for providers of Plan Management Services and allows you to separate the Bulk Payment Request by ' Internal [Direct]' or 'External [Plan Managed]' invoices if required:
Once you have entered your required filters, click the Search for Invoices button:
Step 2: Choose the invoices to include
Internal [Direct] Invoices will be displayed at the top of the list:
External [Plan Managed] Invoices will be displayed at the bottom of the list (where relevant):
Select the invoices you wish to include and select the Generate NDIS Bulk Payment Request button.
Step 3: Payment Request generation complete
Once you have generated the NDIS Bulk Payment Request, you can download the CSV file export from the Actions menu in the top right corner of the screen:
- Download NDIS Bulk Payment Request (New: 2018/19)
- this includes the 'Claim Type' and 'Cancellation Reason' fields,
- and has a cap of 5005 invoice or
- Download NDIS Bulk Payment Request (Old: 2017/18)
- N.B. This 'old' NDIS Bulk Payment Request file export will be remain available as well as the new, for a limited transitional period of approximately a few months.
This will download the Bulk Payment Request file CSV export to your computer's local hard drive.
Please note: there should be no need to open this CSV, however, if you do, please follow the instructions as outlined in the following article: How to open CSV files safely in Microsoft Excel.
How is the Claim Reference formatted?
Submit the Bulk Payment Request
The NDIS Bulk Payment Request is then available to submit to the myplace provider portal.
We recommend using the NDIA's Bulk Payment Request Step by step guide.
Each NDIS Bulk Payment Request and Invoice Batch which has been generated remains available to view in the Reports menu:
These batches are useful for reconciling against the remittance advice received from the NDIA.
When paid by the NDIA, the corresponding NDIS Bulk Payment Request batch contains the invoices which can be marked as paid in your organisation's Finance system.