How to generate a Client Schedule
What is the Activity Schedule Report - Client Schedule used for?
The Client Schedule is a useful report for the purpose of reviewing Client Activities for monitoring absenteeism, viewing completed Support Logs, and rescheduling Activities when required.
The CSV export file for this report includes additional data to the information displayed onscreen and is, therefore, a helpful tool for reviewing billable data. It provides a breakdown of the NDIS Support Allocations, differentiating between each Unit Of Measure: Unit (Each), Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Annual, and each different Claim Type i.e. Travel, Report Writing, and Cancellation.
How to generate an Activity Schedule Report - Client Schedule
Select ' Reports' from the Dashboard menu;
In the left-hand panel, there will be an option for ' Activity Reports', select the 'Activity Schedule Report'
Choose the report criteria by selecting the Client Schedule.
From here set the parameters of the search. The options available are:
Selecting 'ALL Clients' OR specifying an individual client to report on, by selecting the client's name from the drop-down menu;
Indicate the specific Site/s and Service/s you wish to report on by checking the relevant boxes. Alternatively, you may select the 'All' button for Sites and/or Services to obtain a holistic view;
Select a date range:
Or alternatively, you may choose to leave the date fields empty.
Specify the Program to report on OR leave the '-' as the selection, to report on ALL programs (if Programs are being used by your organisation):
Select the remaining criteria for the report as required:
- 'Show Signed Off Status': Both / Signed Off Only / Not Signed Off Only.
- 'Support Log': Digital Signature / Evidence Received / All.
- 'Show Absent': All / Absent Only / Not Absent Only.
- 'Show No Charge': All / No Charge Only / Charge Only.
- 'Funding Type': Clinical / NDIS / Non-NDIS
- 'Claim Type': Standard Service / Report Writing / Travel / Cancelled - Standard Service / Cancelled - Report Writing / Cancelled - Travel.
- 'Cancellation Reason': Health reason / Family issues / Unavailability of Transport / Other.
Once all the desired parameters have been set, select 'Generate Report'.
As the Client Activity Schedule Report is Client focused, the results are displayed differently to the Staff and Service Schedule Reports i.e. each Client within an Activity is displayed in a separate row. The results generated will appear onscreen as follows:
In this example, you may notice that the value displayed in the Client NDIS Allocated Hrs column is displaying as '2' which matches the value in the Activity Hours column. However, the value in this column for Client Tim Swanston is different i.e. '2.50': This indicates the Total of Tim's NDIS Support Allocations with an 'Hours' Unit of Measure. Tim has 2.5 Hours of NDIS Supports Allocated.
Navigating to related records
To investigate individual line items displayed in the report, such as Tim's NDIS Support Allocations, simply right-click on the Target Icon, then select the option to 'Open Link In New Tab':
If we review the NDIS Support Allocations for Tim, we can see that in addition to the 2 hours of Standard Support, '0.5' hrs has been allocated for Travel: This explains the 2.5 Hours Allocated for a 2-hour Activity. Reviewing the two columns of 'Activity Hours' vs. 'Client NDIS Allocated Hrs' is a handy way to pick up on any missing NDIS Support Allocations also, noting that this column only displays Supports with an 'Hours' Unit of Measure.
More information relating to the breakdown of the NDIS Support Allocation Quantities and Claim Types is available in the Activity Schedule Download CSV export file.
Downloading an Activity Schedule in CSV Format
To download the Activity Schedule in CSV format select 'Download Activity Schedule' from the 'Actions' drop-down menu located on the top right-hand side of the window:
N.B. Please note that although you can access other options from the Actions menu, the following Report options:
- 'Download Shift Data',
- 'Download Non-NDIS Staff Billing Report' and
- 'Download1:1 Service Staff Billing Report',
are designed for the Staff Schedule. More information on the Staff Schedule is available in the How to generate a Staff Schedule article linked below.
Activity Schedule - Client Schedule Report
Each of the Schedule Reports - Client, Staff, and Service share data in common, however, the CSV export file for the Client Schedule Report includes additional columns of information, which are not displayed in the onscreen list results. This is for the purpose of providing a breakdown of the Client's NDIS Supports Allocations and includes the following:
- Client NDIS Allocated Unit Supports - this relates to allocations which have a Unit of Measure of Each
- Client NDIS Allocated Hourly Supports - this relates to allocations which have a Unit of Measure of Hours
- Client NDIS Allocated Daily Supports - this relates to allocations which have a Unit of Measure of Days
- Client NDIS Allocated Weekly Supports - this relates to allocations which have a Unit of Measure of Weeks
- Client NDIS Allocated Monthly Supports - this relates to allocations which have a Unit of Measure of Months
- Client NDIS Allocated Annual Supports - this relates to allocations which have a Unit of Measure of Annual
- Claim Type: Standard Service
- Claim Type: Report Writing
- Claim Type: Travel
- Claim Type: Cancelled
- Activity Total NDIS Allocated Hours - this is the total of all Client NDIS Support Allocations with an 'Hours' Unit of Measure in the associated Activity
- Absent - this indicates if a Client was marked as Absent for an Activity.
- No Charge - this indicates if a Client was marked as No Charge for an Activity.
N.B. Absent and No Charge information is displayed onscreen in the Client Activity Schedule Report as a Status icon.
Pivot tables and filters can be used in Excel to sort and filter this information as required for your organisation's reporting requirements.